Whilst the platform is currently oriented around small animal consultations, the option to add farm species to the list of animals your practice sees is there and we have several mixed and specialist large-animal practices on board.
We are making changes to the platform that will reduce the emphasis on small animals and encourage other types of practice that will be seen in a future release version. In the meantime, you can still use the system, it's just a bit small-animal oriented.
Remote consulting can reduce time spent driving to visits and provide value for both farmer and vet. We think that remote consultations are particularly useful for:
- Farm Assurance Meetings
- Herd Health Planning Meetings
- Support of smallholders and less experienced farmers with advice
- Individual 'sick cow' cases that can be managed by the farmer with direction
- Vet input into antibiotic usage in individual or group cases
- Vet input into foot problems that require a trimmer
- Assessment of lameness
- Advice calls for worming and nutrition