Pets, rather than their owners, are associated with practices on the platform, so your account won't be linked to that of your vet practice until you add your pet and register them with your practice of choice. This also means that you can have pets registered at different practices on one account (e.g. if one requires a specialist vet).
How to add a pet to your account using a desktop/laptop computer
2. Select 'manage pets' from the menu along the left hand side of the screen
3. Click 'add pet' in the top right hand corner of the page
4. Enter your pet's details. Click the arrows on the menu to find and select your pet's species (will turn purple when selected) and type in name, date of birth, and breed. If you don't know your pet's date of birth you can click 'don't know'. You can also add a photo of your pet by clicking 'upload'.
You can further select your pet's gender and whether they're spayed by ticking the correct box. Type your practice name or post code into the search bar to register your pet and, use the dropdown menu to select your pet's insurance company. When you're happy with the details click 'add pet'. This will add the pet to your account and that of your practice, allowing you to book and be invited to video consultations on the Vet Help Direct platform.
How to add a pet to your account using a mobile/tablet
1. Log in to your account as a pet owner
2. Click on the three horizontal lines on the top left hand corner of the screen
3. Select 'manage pets' from the menu along the left hand side of the screen
4. Click 'add pet' at the top of the page
5. Enter your pet's details. You can select a species from the menu, using the arrows to see the options (your selection will turn purple). If you don't know your pet's date of birth you can just click 'don't know' above this option. Tick the boxes to enter your pet's gender and whether they've been neutered . Click 'upload' to add a photo of your pet if you'd like. You can search either your practice name or postcode to register you pet with them on the platform, and select your insurance company from the dropdown menu by clicking the arrows. When you're happy with your selections click 'add pet'.